Six Cuba Elementary students featured at Graves Co. 4-H Communications Day | Arts & Culture
MAYFIELD, KY (KFVS) - Six second graders from Cuba Elementary were featured recently at the Graves County 4-H Communications Day.
It was hosted by the UK Cooperative Extension Service and students showed off their speech giving skills.
They have been studying the use prosody while reading and have learned the importance of reading with expression, smoothness, appropriate volume, phrasing and pace.
Since they are not old enough to be enrolled in 4-H, they are called Cloverbuds. Graves County 4-H Youth Development Agent Tracey Tashijan has been helping them use prosody when giving a speech.
Copyright KFVS 2011. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Early Bird’ deadline for St. Jude Dream Home® giveaway is June 21
- 2 arrested in McCracken Co. after search of home, meth lab found
- Crash on Old US 45, Lebanon Church Rd. sends 2 to the hospital
- Lane restriction at US 45/US 62 intersection in Paducah starting June 19
- Rain contributed to crash that sent Mayfield teen to hospital