Belleville, Ill. man facing DUI charges after crash in Graves Co. | Crime
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - A Belleville, Ill. is facing DUI charges after a crash on KY 339 West on Saturday, September 1.
The Graves County Sheriff's Office responded to a single vehicle injury accident in the 1600 block of KY 339 West around 9:45 p.m. on Saturday. When deputies arrived, they discovered that the driver of the vehicle, Jeremy Madding, 36, of Belleville, Ill. had made it out of the vehicle but the passenger, Donald Cope, 45, of Mayfield was still trapped in the vehicle.
As deputies began to talk to Madding about the accident, they say they discovered that Madding appeared to be under the influence of alcohol.
Deputies say Mayfield Fire and EMS was able to remove Cope from the vehicle and took him to a hospital for treatment of his injuries. They say, Cope was later taken to Lourdes Hospital.
According to the sheriff's office, Madding was arrested at the scene and taken to JPMC for treatment of minor injuries. Afterwards, they say he was taken to the Graves County Jail and charged with first offense DUI and first degree wanton endangerment.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase