2 in Lowes arrested for drug possession after police respond to call about argument | Crime
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Graves County Sheriff Dewayne Redmon reports Monday that two Lowes residents were arrested on drug charges stemming from an argument between a boyfriend and girlfriend.
Kenneth Ross, 40, and Katie Winers, 38, both from Lowes were arrested and charged with first degree possession of a controlled substance (Methamphetamine).
According to Redmon, his office and the Kentucky State Police were dispatched to an argument on Pennebaker Street around 10:30 a.m. on Monday.
He says when officers arrived they were met by Winters and a friend and Ross was standing in the doorway of the home. He says officers could tell Ross was under the influence of a drug such as Meth. During a search of the home, Redmon says the deputy found a syringe filled with blood and methamphetamine in the couple’s bedroom.
Officers say another person at the home, Jessica Lambert, 35, of Lowes was subsequently charged with possession of Marijuana. She was cited to court and released.
Ross and Winters were taken to the Graves County Jail.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase