GCHS seniors participate in canned food drive for Christmas baskets | Events
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Graves County High School students Emily Riley, left, and Brittany Herndon transport boxes of canned goods through a large room at Mayfield’s First Assembly of God a few days before Christmas 2012.
The two joined a large number of their classmates and other volunteers in creating food baskets for students of the Mayfield and Graves County schools and their families who needed assistance.
“After contributing canned food since the first grade, seniors finally got to see how that food and other items are assembled and distributed,” said Kaye Horn, director of the Summit Youth Services Center at GCHS. “Besides helping people in need, one of my favorite aspects of this project each year is that students get the chance to participate and to see what a difference they can make.”
Raymond Bailey of First Assembly and the city and county school districts’ Family Resource and Youth Services Center coordinators lead the project each year.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whitehaven Welcome Center gets state award
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge