Graves Co. H.S. DECA chapter members excel in 2013 regional competitions | Events
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Graves County High School students who are members of the school’s chapter of the Distributive Education Clubs of America recently participated in the Region I competition at Murray State University and won 58 total awards.
Also receiving honors were GCHS students elected to serve as 2013-14 Region I DECA officers. They include Chloe Hohlbein, President; Hannah Purcell, Secretary; and Shara Elder, Parliamentarian.
The competition included these categories and respective award winners:
- KY Sports & Entertainment: Grant Towery (1st), Eli Wilson (2nd), Evan McCombs (3rd)
- Principles of Finance: Tanisha Gills (1st)
- Principles of Marketing: Preston Wilferd (1st) and Patrick Owen (2nd)
- Community Service Team Project: Keresa Holmes, Bryce Emerson, & Sarah Hogarty (1st)
- Fashion Merchandising Team Project: Chloe Hohlbein, Michaela Earles, Caitlyn Knisley (1st)
- Sports & Entertainment Research Team Project: Jamie Albritton, Makayla Becker, Isabella Magee (1st)
- Sports & Entertainment Promotion Plan Team Project: Leah Cope, Tristen Davidson, Sarah Wilkerson (1st)
- Business Law & Ethics Team Presentation: Bekah Courtney & Grace Moreno (1st)
- Buying & Merchandising Team Presentation: Madison Farmer & Hannah Grenda (3rd), Kaitlyn Clapp & Emily Goin (4th)
- Financial Services Team Presentation: Jacquilyn Crofoot & Dayshawna Pope (4th)
- Hospitality Services Team Presentation: Chandler Dunn & Marley McCollum (2nd)
- Sports & Entertainment Team Presentation: Lance Davis & Jordan Smith (3rd)
- Travel & Tourism Team Presentation: Jillian Winn & Brea Rollston (5th)
- Marketing Communications Team Presentation: Kristin Borgia & Ariana Leech (5th)
- Accounting Applications: Derrick Mohler (2nd)
- Apparel & Accessories: Shara Elder (1st), Tyler Choate (2nd), Paige Gossum (5th)
- Automotive Services: Dillon Day (2nd)
- Business Services Marketing: Elijah Stubblefield (1st), Nick Wyatt (3rd)
- Business Finance: Daniel Heath (1st); Hotel & Lodging Management: Macy Youngblood (1st)
- Human Resources Management: Hannah Purcell (2nd), Wade Wilson (4th), Kylie Carrico (5th)
- Marketing Management: Matt Wilson (1st), Tanner Smith (2nd), Erica Holt (3rd), Meredith Fickey (5th)
- Restaurant & Food Service Management: Corey Cope (4th)
- Retail Merchandising: Hannah Thompson (1st), Kaylee Murphy (3rd), Zack Brown (4th), Bailey Suiter (5th)
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing: Kass Ellington (3rd), Trey Chambers (4th), Zach Chappell (5th)
Winners have the opportunity to advance to the DECA state competition held at the Galt House in Louisville on March 10-12. Chapter adviser is GCHS Marketing teacher Michelle McKee.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.