Early morning apartment fire called "total loss" | News
MAYFIELD, KY (KFVS) - Mayfield Fire Chief Mike Jones says a home converted into apartments is a total loss after an early morning fire.
He says the fire happened around 5 a.m. Wednesday on the 1000 block of N. 13th Street. Jones says the building is a total loss because of the age and amount of damage. Three out of the four apartments were occupied and Jones says the fire effected roughly 10 people.
According to the fire chief, the cause is unknown at this time but it is still under investigation and the fire marshall has been called in. He says the wind was a factor fighting the fire, with 20 fire fighters worked for roughly two and a half hours.
The Red Cross is helping out and giving some people an option to stay for the night. Jones says others have support of family members and will stay there.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase