Mayfield man arrested after police chase | News
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS)-
A western Kentucky man is behind bars for leading officers on a chase.
The Graves County Sheriff says Russell Davis was arrested after he led deputies on a chase that started at the courthouse.
Deputies were trying to arrest 35-year-old Russell Davis of Mayfield Wednesday morning on an outstanding warrant.
The sheriff says that Davis ran from the courthouse when he spotted the deputies. He went across the parking lot of the CVS store and jumped the fence.
He then ran behind the Christian bookstore onto South Street where another deputy picked up the chase.
Davis continued on to South 5th Street running between the buildings of the old Merit Clothing Company.
Deputies caught him and arrested him.
Davis now faces charges of fleeing and evading police.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase