City of Mayfield welcomes new police officer | News
MAYFIELD, KY (KFVS) - The City of Mayfield is happy to introduce its newest police officer, David Townsend.
Townsend began working for the Mayfield Police Department about two weeks ago. He has worked for 13 years as a certified police officer, and most recently for the Murray Police Department for the past seven years. He and his wife, Deana, live in Mayfield with their sons, Ethan and Andrew.
“It’s always nice to get a certified police officer who can go to work immediately without any additional training," said Mayor Teresa Cantrell. "David has a great reputation as an officer, and has made his home in Mayfield for years – it’s very natural for him to want to serve in the community where he lives.”
The City of Mayfield continually accepts applications for all positions. Applications are kept on file for a period of one year. For more information and an application, visit our Employment kiosk in the lobby of City Hall, or visit our website at www.cityofmayfield.org.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase