"Catch a John" sting operation nets eight | News
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS)- Eight men were arrested in a two day sting operation in Graves County titled "Catch a John".
"Catch a John" was an operation conducted by the Graves County Sheriff's Department to highlight sex buyers as perpetrators and stop prostitution and sex trafficking in Western Kentucky.
The eight men were from the local area and other states.
Investigators began the operation on Wednesday October 18, 2012, by posting an ad on a well-known website.
The investigators immediately began receiving phone calls from males asking for sex in exchange for money.
A female detective, acting in an undercover capacity, spoke with the males and made arrangements to meet them at a local hotel.
During the investigation, the "Johns" made agreements to pay the female detective in exchange for sexual acts.
The men were taken into custody and then lodged in the Graves County Jail.
The operation was part of a broader initiative to reduce drug and sex crimes.
The following individuals were arrested and charged with soliciting prostitution:
- Mycong Le 24yoa of Mayfield KY
- David Sullivan 64yoa of Mayfield KY
- Kyle Steven Ditty 23yoa of Milton, PA.
- Gary E. Grubbs 56yoa of Glasgow, Ky
- Anthony D. Dalton 47yoa of Paducah, Ky.
- Kevin J. Skinner 43yoa of Kevil, Ky.
- Albert Graton Hester 51yoa of Russellville, AR.
- Brian Ross Wimberley 33yoa of Paris, TN.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.