GCHS, FFA program welcomes student teacher from Murray State | News
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - A senior Agricultural Science with Agricultural Education certification major from Murray State University arrived at Graves County High School recently to work with the students and teachers in the Agricultural Science and Technology Department and the FFA program for the next 16 weeks.
Ashley Burks, 21, is working under the guidance of cooperating teacher Richard Horn to learn all aspects of a successful agricultural science and technology program at the high school level. Burks will strive to become proficient in teaching a variety of classes in the career and technical education area, as well as in assisting students with leadership development in the FFA organization and with career-focused experiential programs.
Upon completion of the student teaching experience, Burks will return to Murray to participate in commencement exercises at Murray State where she will earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Sciences.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase