Graves High announces new MSE Academy principal | People
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Graves County High School has selected Abbie Morris as a new assistant principal and the Math/Science/Engineering Academy principal.
She has served as the academy’s lead teacher the past three years. She also has taught pre-engineering and Project Lead the Way courses for the past seven years and was head coach of the girls’ soccer team for a total of eight years. Morris earned a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering graphics and design and a Master of Science degree in technology education, both at Murray State University. She later earned a Master of Arts degree in school leadership through Bellarmine University.
“I see this as an opportunity to impact a larger part of the GCHS student body,” Morris said of her new role as an administrator, “to increase STEM (science/ technology/ engineering/ math) awareness, and to work alongside those who have a shared vision for our school and students.”
Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase
- New Date for the Paducah Marine Industry River Cleanup Challenge