Graves marching band wins awards, preps for 2012 state quarterfinals | Schools
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The Graves County Screamin' Eagle Band performed in the Hopkinsville High School Marching Invitational Saturday, October 13.
Graves County won first place as well as best percussion and best color guard in the preliminaries of Class AAAAA. Later in the evening, the band competed and placed third overall in the finals in competition with 15 other bands.
The Graves County band will perform again in the state quarterfinals at Muhlenberg County High School Saturday, Oct. 20. The Graves County Band is directed by Jeff Williams, assisted by Craig Fuqua, Ellis Shelby, and Shane Melvin.
Pictured are band members performing this year’s show entitled "Stealing the Show."
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase