Graves Middle School honors military for Veterans Day 2012 | Schools
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Graves County Middle School honored military personnel on Veterans’ Day 2012 with a program featuring its choir and orchestral strings as well as students’ poems and guest speakers.
Here, the Graves County High School Jr. Reserve Officers Training Corps unit, in its first year, presented colors. Later, retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Jason Caldwell spoke about the Jr. ROTC program to a large crowd of students, parents, and veterans. The applause that met the introduction of military veterans spontaneously transformed into a standing ovation for those who served their country.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 arrested in McCracken Co. after search of home, meth lab found
- Crash on Old US 45, Lebanon Church Rd. sends 2 to the hospital
- Lane restriction at US 45/US 62 intersection in Paducah starting June 19
- Rain contributed to crash that sent Mayfield teen to hospital
- KYTC: Citizens provide input on improving KY 1286, KY 998