Symsonia Elementary students learn at STLP regionals, go on to state | Schools
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Symsonia Elementary School’s Student Technology Leadership Program recently sent some 21 students to the STLP Regional Showcase at Murray State University.
“They enjoyed presenting their projects and learning about technology during the day,” said teacher/sponsor Michelle Overstreet. “STLP involves fifth and sixth grade students who strive to make a difference in the school and community. Symsonia finished with two of its three groups scoring well enough to be invited to state competition in March at Lexington. I am very proud of each and every individual student who participated."
The two group projects advancing in competition include Recycling for Tomorrow and Community Newsletter.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Upcoming Events near Graves County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Paducah 12-year-old in hospital after another child punched him in face
- Paducah police to kick off 'Click It or Ticket' campaign
- Paducah Police Honor Guard presented flag before Sunday's Cardinals game
- Paducah hospital awards local middle schools for winning walking challenge
- Kevil man arrested for stolen boat after police chase