Graves High students selected as 2012 Wendy’s High School Heisman winners for academics | Schools
GRAVES COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - Graves County High School student-athletes Emily Riley and Preston Simmons recently were selected as the school’s 2012 Wendy's High School Heisman winners.
Here, GCHS athletic director Doug Gloyd presents both student-athletes with certificates noting the achievement. Riley is a member of the Graves County tennis and swim teams. After graduation, she plans to attend Murray State University and double major in special education and middle school education. She is the daughter of Richard and Lucinda Riley.
Simmons is a member of the Graves County tennis team. He plans to attend Vanderbilt University after graduation to major in pre-medicine. He is the son of Jay and Kim Simmons. Eligibility requirements for Heisman winners include senior status, a minimum B average, and participation in at least one school-sponsored sport. Students are selected who excel in academics, athletics and student leadership.
For more information, log on to the website at www.wendysheisman.com.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Graves County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 arrested in McCracken Co. after search of home, meth lab found
- Crash on Old US 45, Lebanon Church Rd. sends 2 to the hospital
- Lane restriction at US 45/US 62 intersection in Paducah starting June 19
- Rain contributed to crash that sent Mayfield teen to hospital
- KYTC: Citizens provide input on improving KY 1286, KY 998